Saturday, 5 March 2016

Kamal Sawlani - Creative Writing Task 3

When I was a child, I distinctly remember myself being sent to bed for throwing my mother’s phone into the toilet bowl. My mum hurriedly tried to rescue it, but to no avail. After getting reprimanded by her, I was sent straight up to bed. I protested towards my mum’s ruling and begged to watch television instead. However, my mum disagreed with an iron fist and I reluctantly found myself going to bed at four in the afternoon.
My mum put me into bed and left the room. As soon as her footsteps became inaudible, I looked out of my window in my little, quaint room to see cars zooming past. The city was still bustling with activity and I could see my friends playing at the nearby park. I went to sleep, sorry that I had been so mischievous that day.

I woke up in the middle of the night, with the room dark and dim. I saw an evil pair of eyes glance by outside the window. Scared, I tried to go back to sleep. Suddenly, someone comfortingly held my hand and I felt at ease.

The next day, I woke up and wondered, who had sat by me in my longest night. To this day, it still remains a mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment