Friday, 22 April 2016

Kamal Sawlani (15) - Creative Writing Task 4

Kamal Sawlani (15) - Creative Writing Task 4
Score: 10/10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  After a night of howling weather, I went out early just to see how my neighbourhood would appear. I thought of many fallen trees, the streets flooding with water, some cars as if they had just got a good cleaning as the rumbling thunderstorm had woken me up from my peaceful sleep.

The street, however, to my surprise, was not at all disturbed by the storm or the clashing wind! No cars or trees I could see in the distance were overturned. I walked towards one of the houses and heard a child crying amongst the row of flats in my building, as well as alarm clocks ringing. The newspaper delivery man was riding his bike up and down the street, unperturbed by the storm earlier. The sounds of traffic lights clicking were getting on my nerves. Life had seemed to move on as usual! Had I been dreaming about the storm's intensity?

  As I slowly enjoyed the fresh and calm morning air, I heard my parents waking up. Not wanting to get caught, I quickly hustled back into bed. I stayed up just to listen to the sounds of the early morning; The birds started chirping, their music seemed like a melody. I caught a whiff of homemade toast, crispy bacon and creamy scrambled eggs my mum had made just as the usual traffic started piling up on the streets.

  "What a day this is going to be!" I said as my mum called me for breakfast in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment