Monday 27 June 2016

Reiner's Reading log

Source #1
Date:20/6/2016
Source: The Straits times
What I did: I Went to read up on the newspaper for hot topics.I started with Top of the news.I saw an article about TB.

What I learnt:

Summary:

A cluster of multi-drug-resistant TB was found at Ang Mo Kio.MOH is offering screening test for TB.


Source #2

Date:21/6/2016
Source:Straits Time
What I did:I went to look at the front page and saw an article about donating part of a liver.

What i learnt:

Words I learnt:
concierge:a resident caretaker of an apartment or hotel

Summary:
Mr Lim Kok Seng gave part of his liver to whoever on the National list waiting list needed it most which turn out to be 16 years old Lim Si Jia.He said that he wants others to have much more life ahead of them.



Source #3
Date:22/6/2016
Source: The Straits times
What I did:I flip through the newspaper and this article caught my eye.

What I learnt:

Words I learnt:
maladaptive:Not adapting adequately or appropriately to the situation.

Summary:
An NUS study found out that children with pushy parents are more likely to develop anxiety or depression symptoms.Through a puzzle game which the parent can help,they found that children with intrusive parents are at least 2 times more likely to develop anxiety or depression symptoms.



Source #4
Date:23/6/2016
Source: The Straits times
What I did: I was looking at the newspaper when I saw a celebrity's name.

What I learnt:

Words I learnt:
immaculate:Perfectly clean, neat or tidy

Summary:
Actress Rui En is charged with careless driving.She knocked over a motorcycle.She tried to pay $2,000 but the owner of the motorcycle feel that it wasn't enough to cover the damage costs.She intends to plead guilty.




Source #5
Date:24/6/2016
Source: The Straits times
What I did:I saw the words 'free MRT rides' while reading the newspaper.

What I learnt:

Words I learnt:
lull:a temporary interval of inactivity.

Summary:
Free train rides will be extended till June next year,but getting commuters to come early to work still depends on the employer,says Senior Minister of Transport Josephine Teo.If commuters alight at specific train stop before 7.45am,the ride is free of charge.If the commuter alights at these train stops from 7.45 to 8am,they get 50 cents of the train rides.

No comments:

Post a Comment