Tuesday 14 June 2016

Learning Logs [Alya]

7 June
3:00 - 3:30

Source:

What I did:
I read some articles on the internet

What I learnt:
Words I didn’t know: liberal - willing to respect or accept behaviour or opinions different from one's own; open to new ideas.
                                 Allay - diminish or put at rest (fear, suspicion, or worry).

Summary:
The net will not be available for the civil servants but they can access it using their own personal devices or government computers dedicated to that purpose. The government feels that this would stop information from leaking out to the public thus they decided to remove internet access from the civil servants from May next year.

8 June
3:00 - 3:30

Source:

What I did:
I decided to find more about the PSLE scoring system for the future generations.

What I learnt:
Words I didn’t know: paradigm - a typical example or pattern of something; a pattern or model.
                                manifests - show (a quality or feeling) by one's acts or appearance; demonstrate.

Summary:
The new scoring system aims to broaden the child’s ability and also plans to lift the stress off the children from being very focused on academics and pressure from their peers performance since the aggregate students get now is based on how well one does compared to their peers.

10 June
3:00-3:30

Source:

What I did:
I decided to read up about the mass shooting in Orlando I saw in Social Media and the first article I saw is the one above, so I decided to read it.

What I learnt:
Words I didn’t know:  federal - having or relating to a system of government in which several states form a unity but remain independent in internal affairs.
                                  Radicalised - Radicalization (or radicalisation) is a process by which an individual or group comes to adopt increasingly extreme political, social, or religious ideals and aspirations that (1) reject or undermine the status quo or (2) reject and/or undermine contemporary ideas and expressions of freedom of choice.

Summary:
The wife of Omar Mateen might be arrested for knowing Omar Mateen’s plans before the mass shooting in a gay club.

11 June
3:00 - 3:30

Source:

What I did:
I decided to read up about the mass shooting in Orlando and wanted to see how Donald Trump reacted to it so I read the article stated above.

What I learnt:
Words I didn’t know: implemented - put (a decision, plan, agreement, etc.) into effect.
                                 Unilateral - (of an action or decision) performed by or affecting only one person, group, or country involved in a situation, without the agreement of another or the others.

Summary:
President Obama isn’t really happy with Donald Trump’s reaction to the mass shooting or his ideas to react to it. He doesn’t feel that it is right.

12 June
3:00 - 3:30

Source:

What I did:
I went online to Strait Times and read the first article I saw.

What I learnt:
Words I didn’t know: decisively - putting an end to controversy; crucial or most important
                              Two-pronged - use two methods to get to the same goal.

Summary:
United we stand, divided we fall. We have to stand together against the threats and help each other

No comments:

Post a Comment