Saturday 27 February 2016

Creative Writing Task 3

When I was a child, I well remember dropping my sister's favourite cup. I thought I could hold three cups in one hand, but the shards of plastic on the ground proved my experiment was a failure. Hearing the crash, my mother rushed out of her room. Her loud voice could be heard from across the street as she yelled at me to go to bed. I could feel tears prick my eyes, threatening to spill out. I threw my arms around my mother, wailing and begging her no to make me stay in my room for a whole afternoon.
I looked out of the small window in my room, watching the cars drive in and out of the condominium. I wished I was in one of those cars, driving away from this torturous place. I slowly arranged everything on my bed, folding the blanket neatly and arranging the pillows to waste time. The pile of stuffed toys sat on my bedside table. There were dogs, cats, bears, tigers and many more. Eventually, I got bored and lay in bed, staring at the ceiling.
I woke up in the darkness. The sound of cars were more amplified. A line of moonlight found its way into my room. The door slowly opened. A small figure walked to my bed and climbed in. I felt a peace of mind and more sleepy. The figure lay down beside me and hugged my arm before I fell asleep again.
I woke again in the morning. The room was brightly lit. The mysterious being was gone, but a distinct smell stayed. I wondered who it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment