Tuesday 23 February 2016

Creative Writing task 3

When I was a child, I well remember I was calling my friend for help with my homework, but accidentally broke a vase that was beside the telephone. Piang! That sound could be heard very clearly, especially my mother who had sharp ears. I gulped. I knew I was in hot water. I stood down at the same spot; my head hung low in shame. Heavy footsteps could be heard. with arms akimbo, my mother’s face was boiling. My mom screamed and shouted, and eventually made me go to bed. Go to bed? It was only in the afternoon! I wanted to protest, so I threw myself at her legs, trying to escape out of the punishment. But being the “best” mother, she sends me to my room.
I stomped my foot as I thundered into my room. It was only accidental! I thought. The more I thought about it, the more furious I got. My face went red. I lay on my bed as slowly as possible to kill time. The sun shone brilliantly through the room. I slowly felt my eyelids getting heavy.
After a short snooze, I woke up, only to find myself in the pitch dark of the night. Suddenly, I felt a furry figure on my hand. Then, I slept again.
I woke up in the morning in a daze. But I still did not know the furry figure that accompanied me through the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment