Wednesday 24 February 2016

Writing task 3_Rae

    When I was a child, i well remembered being very cheeky. While my mother was making cookies, i switched sugar with salt. They are as alike as two peas in a pod, how could my mother tell? I giggled mischievously. She did not realise that the sugar had been swapped until she tasted the ready-baked cookies. Who else would it be? She knew it was me. Since i was so hyper, sending me to bed would be the most boring and torturous punishment. She scolded me, whose eyes were already swollen. I clinged onto my mother, not letting go, but she did not give in either.

    Trudging to my room, i sighed. It was only 4pm! I was trapped within four walls, no different from prison. I took my own sweet time to get into bed and slowly drew the curtains, to kill time. The whole room was so quiet, quiet until i could hear the birds outside chirping

    It took me a while to sleep, and the next time i woke up was at night, when the whole room was pitched dark. I suddenly heard someone humming my favourite nursery rhyme. I slowly closed my eyes again, humming the same tune in my heart. Along with the humming, it did not take me long to fall into a deep sleep.

    The next morning when i woke up, i vividly remembered about what happened the previous night. Until now, i still did not know who was the one humming to me in the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment