Wednesday 20 April 2016

Creative Writing 4 (Lucas)

After a night of howling weather, I went out early just to see if the electric cables had been cut, and how badly damaged the porch would be. I anticipated soaked grounds and broken metal, maybe a couple of fallen trees as well. The drains would probably be flooded too, filled to the brim.

However, everything was the same. The electric cables were still hanging, the metal lamps were still standing tall and sturdy. The porch was dry as ever, as if not a single drop of water had gone near it. The trees were still looking fresh, as they had always been.

As I walked into the nearby neighbourhood, I found everything still the same. Everyone acted normally, and nothing was out of place. The people were still asleep. Not wanting to be mistaken as a nasty thief, I crept back home...

No comments:

Post a Comment