Wednesday 20 April 2016

Faqih CW 4

         After a night of howling weather, I went out early just to see my neighbour’s fences tore into tiny bits of pieces and the streetlight collapsed onto the flooded road. I expected to see the trees uprooted and all buildings were destroyed. The whole street, I assumed, to be flooded with dirty and murky water.

         I was right outside my house just to see the unexpected. The trees were swaying in the gentle wind. The houses looked fine just that it was faint in the early morning. I did not hear birds chirping as I thought that they were still sleeping soundly.

         I heard babies bawling in their houses and a car engine from a distance. Even the flow of waters in the drain caught my ear as it was near total silence. The grass rubbing each other and the sound of wind were just a few.

         Walking in the dimly-lit streets, i felt like an alien coming from a distant star exploring an unknown environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment