Thursday 21 April 2016

Creative writing task 4 (Rae)

  
After a night of howling weather, I went out early just to see if the ground was flooded with brown, murky water and moss growing on logs. Perhaps the trees and buildings would have collapsed as though an earthquake had just happened as well.
 The street was not as dilapidated as I thought. Instead of muddy water flooding the ground, it had small, clear puddles. Clear enough that I could see the reflection of myself. The birds were chirping freely and happily, while trees and buildings were still perfectly fine. They were tall and upright, and the leaves of the trees were rustling.


 As I walked along the neighbourhood, I breathed in the fresh air while enjoying the breeze. There were few people outside, but I could smell french toast and aromatic coffee while strolling. The next sound I heard was a growling and rumbling sound. From my tummy. Most houses still had their curtains drawn, it was expected, it was still so early anyway. I continued my stroll, I walked to the road and saw that a few cafeterias were already open, smelling the fresh vegetables and fried bacons and eggs added on to my hunger.

After about an hour, I decided to go back home, not wanting my parents to worry if they did not see me. Turning around, I walked back home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment