Sunday 24 April 2016

Yeo Jia Hao Calvin (24) Creative Writing Task 4 (Grammarlied)

  After a night of howling weather, I went out early just to see the damage the thunderstorm has done. My eyes were ready to feast on some broken wood and torn pieces of metal. My nose awaiting that distinct smell of grass after rainfall. I could visualise trees hugging the concrete road and ungirthed a fire hydrant cooling down from an electrifying experience with the merciless lightning. Drains overflowing, the streets flooded, oh I couldn't wait to see the movie-esque scene!
  Cars, lawns, roofs, they were all fine! Impossible! The Mercedes cars my rich neighbours had were still shiny as ever. Lawns were as perfect as fake grass. No hailstones were on the roofs.
  I stepped out my house to explore the neighbourhood. It was the usual: babies crying relentlessly, children preparing for school.
  Afraid of being mistaken as a mischievous wonderer strolling down a street in the early morning, I crept back to my house, looking forward to my sumptuous breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment